CELA (formerly known as CNIB) is a national non-profit organization that partners with local libraries to provide access to accessible formats to patrons with print disabilities.
- Access to over 230,000 books, magazines and newspapers
- Books available in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
- Books for kids, teens and adults
- Lots of choice
For more information, visit CELA's website at https://celalibrary.ca/
"DAISY" Audiobook Adult Collection
WPPL has a collection of DAISY audiobooks (enhanced, unabridged recorded books). DAISY books can be loaned to any person who has trouble reading print because of a visual, physical or learning disability. Browse the collection in the library or online in the catalogue. WPPL also has a limited number of special DAISY audio players for loan.
Accessing CELA Services
The entire CELA Library is available to any Library member (including children and teens) who has trouble reading print because of a disability.
To register for CELA Services you need:
- A valid West Perth Public Library card
- Request to be registered for CELA services
- Complete the CELA registration process with library staff.