Watch for a re-design of this page, including a calendar, when programs re-start.
Crafters' Circle is a program for adults and teens. The group will meet at the Library to work on personal crafting projects and create community connections. It's a great way for people who are new to the community or anyone who is feeling isolated during the COVID-19 pandemic to connect to others.
Time: Tuesdays 5-6pm, October 5 to December 28, 2021
Location: Program room on the 4th level of the West Perth Public Library
What to bring: Crafting project
Requirements to attend:
- Wear a mask
- Fill out weekly COVID-19 screening forms
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (this will be asked for a single time only)
- Preregistration for the session is required due to space requirements.
Contact Jennifer at email@example.com or call the library at 519-348-9234 for further details.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a fun, exciting and easy way to start your child on the path to success! Read a book - any book- to your child. The goal is to read 1,000 books before your child starts kindergarten. It's easier than you think. Read 1 book a night and you'll meet your goal in 3 years. Read 3 books a night, you could reach your goal in just one year.
How 1000 Books works
- Get set for reading. Pick up a tracking poster and any program materials at the Library or print them from our website.
- Track your reading. Colour in, or cross out a stack of books on the tracking poster for each book you read to your child.
- Every book counts. Even if your child wants to hear the same book again and again, you can count it each time. The books your child hears in storytime, daycare, preschool or with family or friends all count as long as your child listens to the entire book.
- Keep on reading. Don't stop at 1000! Keep reading together, there's more learning ahead.
- Share your journey. We invite you to share your 1000 Books Before Kindergarten journey on social media. Tag us @westperthpl and use the hashtag #1000BooksB4K.
Tweenie Tots - Suspended
Books are the focus and fun is the goal. Preschoolers are invited to join in the stories, songs, rhymes and crafts. Each week will be a new theme and a new opportunity to learn and laugh during this 45 minute program. Children must be accompanied by an adult. The program is on Thursday mornings 10:30-11:15 a.m. and the donation is $1/child/session. Suspended during library closure.