The Municipality of West Perth is situated on treaty land of the Anishinaabeg. In 2019 the work began to create a current and comprehensive land acknowledgment.
We continue to work on our land acknowledgment collaboratively with the original people, the First Nations. As we move forward, we desire to do so in a way that is honouring, taking the time necessary, to pursue truth as we move towards reconciliation.
The mission of the West Perth Public Library is to promote literacy and the life long love of reading and learning.
Facilitate access to all expressions of knowledge and intellectual activity.
Ensure equitable access regardless of circumstances and recognize the diversity of individuals.
Provide quality service to library users and foster connections with community groups and organizations.
Library as a welcoming space
Provide a welcoming environment and maximize the convenience of library resources.
Promote a work environment that advocates cooperation, communication, respect and training.
Strategic Plan 2020-2022
Improve and Increase
- Analyze and improve the collections, expand programming, adopt new technologies, and keep staff skills and knowledge current to meet ever-changing community needs
- Explore opportunities for collaboration with schools and with community organizations
- Continue to promote the Library as a ‘community space’ for people to meet, share ideas, and learn
- Continue to provide volunteer opportunities for the Friends of the Library group, and for teens in support of community service contributions
- Champion responsible stewardship of public funds through grant opportunities, and continued maintenance of the Library's historic building and its assets