downloadLibrary is the name of our Overdrive collection. Overdrive provides access to thousands of ebooks, audiobooks and magazines on your smartphone, tablet, computer or ereader. Available for free with your West Perth library card.
Notes about digital content:
- there are never any late charges
- access any time, anywhere internet is available
- digital items have limits the same as physical library items; once all copies of a given title are checked out, holds can be placed for those items
- each library card can borrow 15 items and hold another 15 items at once
- magazines are not compatible with ereaders
- user can choose lending periods of 7, 14 or 21 day
- checkout and download your books directly from the library catalogue. These checkouts and holds show up in your library account.
- ebooks and audiobooks can be used without downloading an app by either: read-in-browser button in downloadlibrary.com; or using Libby in your web browser at libbyapp.com
What you need:
- Internet access
- A valid library card from one of Perth County's libraries
- Your PIN (usually the last 4 numbers of your telephone number)
- Instructions for your device
Using a Smartphone or Tablet App:
Using an eReader or Computer
**Please note that Libby is now the primary way to enjoy your digital library as the OverDrive App will be retired by the end of 2022.
Visit the Overdrive Troubleshooting website
If you are having problems logging in, your card may be expired or blocked. Please contact the Library to have the issue resolved.
If you continue to experience problems, call us for assistance at 519-348-9234 during business hours, send us an email or come into the Library.