Fables & Fun
For children 0-5 years old + caregiver
Stories, rhymes, songs and finger plays with our program staff.
When: 10:30am every Thursday, starting September 15
Where: West Perth Public Library - Program Room
Caterpillars & Butterflies
For children 0-5 + caregiver and local Seniors!
Join in some outdoor intergenerational play!
- 11am on Monday, September 12 at Keterson Park Playground
- 11am on Monday, November 14 at the Arena Activity room
Homeschool Play Date
For children 4-12 years old
Homeschoolers meet at the library to play! Use our LEGO, magnet tiles and more to have fun and learn together!
When: 11am every Tuesday until November 29
Where: West Perth Public Library - Children's area
For children 6-10 years old
This fall, Junior Explorers will be learning about STEAM : Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. *
When: 6:15pm on the following Wednesdays:
- September 21
- October 5
- October 19
- November 2
- November 16
- November 30
Where: West Perth Public Library - Program room
*Some of these programs will contain the use of wheat flour. No food will be consumed. Please approach program staff if this will be an accessibility issue for your child.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a fun, exciting and easy way to start your child on the path to success! Read a book - any book- to your child. The goal is to read 1,000 books before your child starts kindergarten. It's easier than you think. Read 1 book a night and you'll meet your goal in 3 years. Read 3 books a night, you could reach your goal in just one year.
How 1000 Books works
- Get set for reading. Pick up a tracking poster and any program materials at the Library or print them from our website.
- Track your reading. Colour in, or cross out a stack of books on the tracking poster for each book you read to your child.
- Every book counts. Even if your child wants to hear the same book again and again, you can count it each time. The books your child hears in storytime, daycare, preschool or with family or friends all count as long as your child listens to the entire book.
- Keep on reading. Don't stop at 1000! Keep reading together, there's more learning ahead.
- Share your journey. We invite you to share your 1000 Books Before Kindergarten journey on social media. Tag us @westperthpl and use the hashtag #1000BooksB4K.