Pick up a map at the library to follow an outdoor route to read a story. Follow page by page around downtown Mitchell storefronts to read the book, then finish at the library to hand in your map for a chance to win BIA Bucks!
What: On My Bike by Kari-Lyn Winters
When: Now until November 30
Fables & Fun
For children 0-5 years old + caregiver
Stories, rhymes, songs and finger plays with our program staff.
When: *New Time* 10:15am every Thursday (6 week session from Sept. 21 - Oct. 26)
Where: West Perth Public Library - Program Room
Ages 6-10 (caregivers must stay in the building)
Listen to a story and learn through STEAM experiments and play.
When: 6:15pm on the following Wednesdays
- September 20 - Moving Mansions
- October 18 - Electric Elementary
- November 15 - Dino-vember
Where: Program room at the West Perth Public Library
Home School Play Date
For ages 4-12 + caregiver
Homeschoolers meet at the library to play and learn!
Use anything from the Constructors Cupboard or Game Cabinet and play together.
When: 11am on Tuesdays
Where: Levels 3&4 of the Library
Come use our supplies to colour and create! Meet a friend or take a quiet moment to yourself.
When: 4pm on Mondays (starting Sept. 18)
Where: West Perth PL on Level 3
For 3-99+ year-olds!
Come and create with our Lego collection.
When: Wednesday evenings starting @ 4 pm (starts September 20)
Where: West Perth Public Library
All groups must include an adult caregiver; all projects will be dis-assembled daily.
Board Games Night
For ages 10+
Join our board game enthusiasts and library volunteers to play NEW GAMES!
Ticket to Ride, Kingdomino, Quirkle and so many more.
When: 6:30pm on the following Wednesdays
- October 11
- November 8
Where: YA area
Registration is required. Contact the Library at 519-348-9234 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a fun, exciting and easy way to start your child on the path to success! Read a book - any book- to your child. The goal is to read 1,000 books before your child starts kindergarten. It's easier than you think. Read 1 book a night and you'll meet your goal in 3 years. Read 3 books a night, you could reach your goal in just one year.
How 1000 Books works
- Get set for reading. Pick up a tracking poster and any program materials at the Library or print them from our website.
- Track your reading. Colour in, or cross out a stack of books on the tracking poster for each book you read to your child.
- Every book counts. Even if your child wants to hear the same book again and again, you can count it each time. The books your child hears in storytime, daycare, preschool or with family or friends all count as long as your child listens to the entire book.
- Keep on reading. Don't stop at 1000! Keep reading together, there's more learning ahead.
- Share your journey. We invite you to share your 1000 Books Before Kindergarten journey on social media. Tag us @westperthpl and use the hashtag #1000BooksB4K.